Studies have shown that black beans help fight weight gain, health disease, certain cancers, etc. Therefore, we went looking for an awesome healthy black beans recipe and we think we found so below. Try it out and let us know!
- 1 cup dried black beans or white kidney beans (rinsed, drained, and picked over to remove debris)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups water
- Place the beans, salt, and water in the inner pot. Close and lock the lid. Set the valve on the lid to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cook function with High Pressure. Set the time to 25 minutes for black beans or 40 minutes for white kidney beans.
- When the cooking cycle ends, press Cancel. Allow the appliance to cool and release pressure naturally, about 30 minutes. (The pressure is released when the small metal float valve next to the pressure-release valve sinks back into the lid and the lid is no longer locked.) Remove the lid.
- Bite into a bean. It should offer a slight resistance to the tooth but should have no hard spots. If it is not soft enough, press Sauté and select the middle temperature (“Normal”). Cook with the lid off and allow the liquid to come to a boil, about 5 minutes.
- After the liquid has boiled, taste a bean every 5 minutes until cooked, and then press Cancel.
- Wearing oven mitts, remove the inner pot (be careful—it’s hot!) and drain the beans through a colander. Keep the beans in the colander and rinse them with cold water before storing them or using them in the recipes listed here.
- The beans will keep, in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipe & Image: 52Foods