The Instant Pot is one of the most popular cooking tools. Some say its the greatest invention since slice bread. The Instant Pot is a pressurized cooker that allows you to cook the most tendered meat in the quickest time possible hence the name “Instant Pot”. We’ve discovered a pretty unique recipe called “Instant Pot – Honey-Garlic Chicken”. It’s only 300 calories per serving, serves 8, and can be cooked in just 35 minutes. Try it out!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, or as desired
- Combine honey, soy sauce, garlic, ketchup, and sriracha sauce in a bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Place chicken pieces in a large bowl, add cornstarch, and toss to combine.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select the Saute function. Add oil until hot. Add 1/2 the chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Flip and cook 2 more minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and repeat with remaining chicken. Pour chicken broth into the empty Instant Pot(R) and cook for 2 minutes, scraping up the brown bits with a wooden spoon to deglaze the pot. Turn Instant Pot(R) off. Return chicken to the pot and pour honey mixture on top. Stir to coat with sauce.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 2 minutes. Allow 10 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Serve chicken sprinkled with green onions and sesame seeds.