It’s the weekend! Today, we’d like to celebrate the weekend by making margaritas using this recipe called, “Jewel’s Watermelon Margaritas.” For those under 21, use sprite or lemon soda instead of tequila. For those over 21, use more tequila if you’d like. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 strips orange zest
- 2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 3/4 cup white tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- salt or sugar for rimming glasses (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 cups crushed ice, or as needed
- Bring 1/2 cup sugar, water, and orange zest in a small saucepan to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove simple syrup from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Place watermelon in a blender or food processor. Pulse until pureed.
- Stir watermelon puree into a large pitcher with simple syrup, tequila, and lime juice.
- Place a small amount of salt or sugar into a saucer. Rub edge of margarita glasses with a lime wedge to moisten. Lightly dip the rim of the glass into the saucer to rim the glass; tap off excess salt or sugar.
- Fill rimmed glasses with crushed ice; pour margarita mixture into glasses and garnish with lime wedges to serve.
Recipe & Image: