Chicken is one of the healthiest meats you can consume. It is rich in protein and extremely low in calories. Today, we have a really neat weekend recipe called, “Juicy Roasted Chicken.” It’s similar to the chicken that you would buy at Costco. It takes about a little under 2 hours to make and serves six people. Get rid of the chicken skin if you prefer to stay on the healthy side. Enjoy!
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder, or to taste
- 1/2 cup margarine, divided
- 1 stalk celery, leaves removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Sprinkle inside and out with onion powder. Place 3 tablespoons margarine in the chicken cavity. Arrange dollops of the remaining margarine around the chicken’s exterior. Cut the celery into 3 or 4 pieces, and place in the chicken cavity.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove from heat, and baste with melted margarine and drippings. Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe & Image: