Today we present another popular Korean dish called, “Easy Bulgogi.” This meal is a staple to most if not all Korean restaurants and households. It’s fairly easy to make, taking only 1 hour and 15 minutes to prep and cook. It’s relatively healthy and can be consumed with or without rice (save calories). Adding a teaspoon of honey adds a kick to the dish. Try it out!
- 1/4 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped, dark green parts separated from white and light green parts
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Korean red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin steak, cut very thin using kitchen shears
- 1 teaspoon honey, or to taste
- Combine yellow onion, white and light green parts of green onions, soy sauce, sugar, sesame seeds, garlic, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, ginger, and black pepper in a bowl until marinade is well mixed. Add steak slices to marinade; cover and refrigerate, 1 hour to 1 day.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook and stir steak and marinade together in the hot skillet, adding honey to caramelize the steak, until steak is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Garnish bulgogi with green parts of green onions.
Recipe & Image: