Today we have an awesome taco recipe. It’s called, “Lime Chicken Soft Tacos.” It’s super healthy to eat because the meat is chicken instead of the usual beef. It takes a little prep/cook time at 50 minutes, but it serves 10 and is just 200 calories per serving. Avoid the cheese and sugar if you are looking for ways to make this recipe healthier. Try it out!
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat – cubed
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Saute chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for about 20 minutes. Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and oregano. Simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and salsa.
Recipe & Image: