Today we’ve got an exciting recipe called “Low-Carb Deep Dish Breakfast Pizza.” Pizza is usually one of the highest carbohydrate meals you can consume. However, we found this recipe that is not only low carb but also in a deep dish style. This meal is perfect for breakfast and will surely be a hit with kids. It takes only 1 hour to make, serves 4, and is a little over 430 calories. Try it out!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 365 Everyday Value® Organic Butter
- 6 eggs
- 365 Everyday Value® Large White Eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 sausage links, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place 1 tablespoon butter in a glass or ceramic pie pan and heat briefly in the oven until butter is melted.
- Whisk eggs, cream, and Cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Pour into warmed pie pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are set and golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove egg “crust” from the oven.
- Melt remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and green bell pepper; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Cook sausage in the same skillet until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine tomato puree, garlic powder, onion power, oregano, basil, salt, and black pepper in small bowl to make pizza sauce.
- Top egg crust with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, onion and green pepper mixture, bacon, and sausage.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Recipe & Image: