In continuation with our Lunch Box Hacks series. We bring to you number 10. The recipe is called Grandma’s CHicken Noodle Soup. This recipe is not only super healthy. But is also perfect for the people who are under the weather. The recipe was procured from AllRecipes who got a subscriber to submit their grandma’s recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup. We’ve tried it and its not only healthy but amazing. Let us know what you think below.
- 2 1/2 cups wide egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and oil, and boil for 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and rinse under cool running water.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine broth, salt, and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in celery and onion. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly. Stir in noodles and chicken, and heat through.
Image & Credits: AllRecipes