Continuing our series of Lunch Box Hacks, we bring to you the seventh recipe in this series. Our objective is to provide you with the healthy and tasty food that you won’t dread eating and or have to think about working out for hours afterwards. This recipe we found is called Chef John’s Salmon Mango Bango. It includes a mixture of salmon and mango. Salmon is a very healthy. It contains a lot of nutrients that our body desires on a daily basis. The mango provides a little bit of a zing that we think you will enjoy. Try it out below and let us know what you think.
- 1 mango – peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper and ancho chili pepper jam
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 salmon fillets, skin removed
- sea salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Stir mango, lime juice, pepper jam, and cilantro together in a bowl. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for relish flavors to combine, about 30 minutes.
- Season salmon fillets with sea salt.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until oil begins to smoke. Place salmon, flesh-side down, in the hot skillet and cook until edges are just starting to cook through, about 2 minutes. Flip fillets, remove skillet from heat, and let fillets sit in the hot pan until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and top with chilled mango relish.
Recipe & Image: AllRecipes