Lunch Box Hacks Series #9 presents Braised Balsamic Chicken. Today, we bring to you another awesome chicken recipe. Chicken has always been our preferred meat of choice because it is high in protein, low in fat and has lots of nutrients our body desires daily. This dish is great by itself or with rice. Try it out and let us know what you think.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Chicken Breast or Thighs Boneless, Skinless, Grade A
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook seasoned chicken breasts until chicken is browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add onion; cook and stir until onion is browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour diced tomatoes and balsamic vinegar over chicken; season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Recipe & Images: AllRecipes