Breakfast is one of the most important if not the most important meal of the day. It gets you started on the right foot and gives you an abundance of energy for the rest of the day. Without it, you might notice that you are foggy and tired. Try this awesome recipe we found called, “Make-Ahead Baked Egg Sandwich.” These are perfect on the go.
- 12 eggs, beaten.
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 6 croissants, split
- 12 slices smoked ham
- 6 slices of colby-jack cheese
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven until they set and are no longer runny, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove, allow to cool, and cut into 6 portions.
- Butter the cut sides of the croissants and place one portion of the cooked egg onto each croissant bottom. Top each sandwich with two slices of ham and a slice of Colby-Jack cheese. Place the croissant tops on top of the sandwiches; wrap each sandwich well with plastic wrap. Place the sandwiches onto a baking sheet; freeze until solid, about 3 hours. Store frozen.
- To reheat, cook a wrapped sandwich in a microwave on High until hot in the center, 1 to 2 minutes.
Recipe & Image: