Today we’ve got an excellent prep breakfast meal for those who are on-to-go. It’s called “Make-Ahead Breakfast Bars.” Breakfast has always been stated as the most important meal of the day. It’s hardly a meal that adults and kids should skip on. Therefore, this recipe allows you to make many servings which enable you to be quick. Avoid the cheese if you’re looking to cut calories. We recommend chicken instead of ham, but either works just fine! Enjoy!
- cooking spray
- 3 cups frozen Southern-style hash browns
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8×11-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Mix hash browns, eggs, ham, Cheddar-Jack cheese, onion powder, salt, and pepper together. Pour mixture into the prepared dish. Shake dish gently from side to side to level out ingredients.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until top starts to brown, about 40 minutes. Cool before cutting into bars.
Recipe & Image: