Today is officially Valentines day. To celebrate, we have a special recipe today called, “How to Make Chocolate-Covered Strawberries”. This is probably one of the most popular Valentine day recipe and we couldn’t wait to present it to you. It’s taste, delightful, and pretty yummy. Your significant other will appreciate. Avoid the sprinkles and coated sugar if you are looking to cut some calories out.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves intact
- 8 ounces chocolate chips or bar (chopped into small pieces)
- Optional: 8 ounces white chocolate for drizzling
- Optional: Sprinkles, coarse sugar, or finely chopped nuts for decorating
- Rinse berries under cold water and dry thoroughly, even the leaves. Important: You’ll want to make sure not the slightest drop of water comes into contact later with your melted chocolate, otherwise it will go from silky smooth to thick and grainy in an instant. Set the washed and dried berries on a perfectly dry towel and let them come to room temperature while you prep the baking sheet and the chocolate.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Use a large enough pan to allow an inch or two of space between the strawberries.
- If you plan on coating dipped strawberries with finely chopped nuts, sprinkles, coconut flakes, crushed candy, etc., prep them now and put them in bowls.
- Melt the chocolate. This video shows you two easy ways to melt chocolate—in a bowl set over hot water, or in the microwave. The key is to go low and slow for a smoother melt. And I can’t say this enough: Do not let any water come into contact with the chocolate. Some people add shortening to the chocolate to make it smoother, but this isn’t necessary if you’re using a good quality, high cocoa fat chocolate.
Recipe & Image: