Love McDoanld’s Fries? We’ve got an amazing recipe we found online that replicates the crispy crunch taste. Feel free to bake them instead of frying them if you want to stay on the healthy end. Avoid salt as well. Try it out and let us know what you think.
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick fries
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 quart canola oil, or as needed sea salt to taste
- Place potatoes in a bowl and cover with water; let sit for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and cover with boiling water; add sugar and corn syrup and mix well. Place bowl in the refrigerator and let sit for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Spread potatoes out in a baking dish, cover the dish with plastic wrap, and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Working in batches, fry potatoes in hot oil for 2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to dry and let cool for 15 minutes.
McDonald’s® is part of McDonalds and we are in no way affiliated