For a quick and easy dinner recipe, we recommend “One Pot Thai-Style Rice Noodles”. This recipe is tasty and can prepped and cooked in less than 40 minutes. It’s relatively healthy and includes a good rush of veggies in zucchini, bell pepper, cilantro, and peanuts. Try it out and let us know what you think of it.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chile-garlic sauce (such as Sriracha®), or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (16 ounce) package thick rice noodles
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Stir cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until smooth. Pour chicken broth into a large pot and stir cornstarch mixture, soy sauce, fish sauce, rice vinegar, chile-garlic sauce, vegetable oil, ginger, garlic, and coriander into broth. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Place rice noodles in the boiling sauce, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until noodles are tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir zucchini, red bell pepper, and chicken into sauce. Bring back to a boil, cover, and simmer until vegetables are just become tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes to thicken. Serve garnished with crushed peanuts and cilantro.
Recipe & Image: AllRecipes