Today we’ve got another excellent side dish called “Oven-Roasted Asparagus.” It’s a dish best served with a humongous piece of steak; however, it does go great alone and would serve as an excellent snack. It takes only 25 minutes to make, serves 4, and is under 125 calories. Avoid the parmesan cheese as we don’t feel as it enhances the dish at all. We believe it takes away from the roasted taste that the asparagus gives. However, the lemon juice and garlic add an extra kick to a ordinarily bland dish. Try it out!
- 1 bunch thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness. Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.
Recipe & Image: