Today we’ve got a excellent substitute recipe for french fries. It is called “Oven Roasted Potatoes.” It is made with strictly potatoes, olive oil, and herbs that give it a great kick. This is a fun snack that both adults and kids will enjoy. It can be made in under 45 minutes. It serves 4 and is a little under 300 calories. Try it out!
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine oil, garlic, basil, marjoram, dill weed, thyme, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir in potatoes until evenly coated. Place potatoes in a single layer on a roasting pan or baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.
Recipe & Image: