This paleo sweet potato recipe is easy to follow, so easy that you’ll find yourself addicted to them after your first batch. Follow this seasoning recipe and you’ll have sweet potatoes fries that are tasty, crunchy and healthy!
- 2 Large sweet potatoes
- 3 Tbl Arrowroot starch
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp Fresh parsley – finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into thin, long slices, about a quarter inch thick. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot starch, garlic powder, paprika, parsley, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes in a bowl.
- Pour the spice/arrowroot mixture on top of the sweet potatoes and toss until well coated.
- Drizzle the coconut oil over the potatoes and toss until evenly distributed.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the sweet potato strips onto the parchment lined sheet, make sure the potato strips are spaced out without touching or overlapping.
- Bake on the topmost oven rack for 20 minutes
- Turn the sweet potatoes over. Finish cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Fries are done once the potatoes turn and orange-y golden brown.