This delicious vegetarian soup will satisfy even the heartiest of eaters. Easy to make, this soup is done within an hour and will please the whole family. What’s best about this recipe is that it is cheap to make and can be thrown together quickly.
- ½ Cup Pearled Barley
- ½ Cup Dried Split Peas
- ½ Cup Diced Carrots
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 /2 Onion Diced
- 6 Cups Vegetable Broth
- ½ Cup Celery
- 1 Small Bunch Parsley (for garnish)
- ¼ Cup of Cheese (to top individual bowls)
- Dice Onions, Celery, and carrots. Set aside.
- Add in 6 cups of vegetable brother into a large pot. Add in the pearl barley and carrots. Bring to a boil which can take about 10 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and then set to simmer. Cover the pot with your lid and let simmer for about an hour.
- Make sure to monitor your soup and as it becomes thicker, you’ll be able to gauge the right time to turn off from the burner and let cool.
- Set aside to cool.
- Server with a bit of cheddar cheese sprinkled on top of the soup and garnish with parsley. This recipe also goes well with sriracha and soy sauce as added seasonings after the soup is cooked.
Image Credit: DivineHealthFood.com