Mashed potatoes are a staple at any large gathering of friends and family. Why not be an expert at whipping up absolutely delicious, mouthwatering, perfect mashed potatoes that’ll have everyone coming back for seconds? This recipe is easy to make, cost affordable, and tastes absolutely amazing.
Image Credit: YouTube
- 8-10 russet potatoes peeled and cut into thirds.
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Dash of pepper
- ½ cup of hot milk
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- Start by grabbing a large pot that has a lid. The bigger the better.
- Place your peeled and sliced potatoes into the pot then add in enough water to fully cover the potatoes.
- Add in 3/4 tablespoon of salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce head to between medium and low and boil gently for about 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft enough to easily break apart.
- Strain the potatoes to remove all water from the potatoes and pot. Let the potatoes stand for 1-2 minutes to allow the water to evaporate.
- Next grab a potato masher and return your dried potatoes to the pot. Careful, the potatoes will still be very hot at this point. Mash well and turn on the heat to medium.
- Add in your milk and butter and continue to mash your potatoes slowly.
- Swap out your masher for a spoon and stir in your milk and butter well.
- Add in pepper to taste and continue to cook and stir until milk and butter are mixed in well.
- Place in a large bowl and garnish with parsley
- Serve hot and enjoy.