Carrots are known to be the perfect healthy food. They are known to contain vitamin K, antioxidants, fiber and many other nutrients. They provide a crisp crunch taste ingredient to almost any dish. We found an awesome carrot pickle recipe that can be enjoyed as a snack. Make it once and enjoy it for as long as three months. Try it out and let us know what you think!
- 12 to 14 ounces carrots
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Peel and trim the carrots, then cut them into sticks roughly 4 inches long and 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the garlic in a pint canning jar. Then, standing the sticks upright, pack them as tightly as possible into the jar. (See the note above if you find this difficult.) In a small saucepan, stir together the five-spice powder, salt, lemon juice, and vinegar (but not the water).
- Bring to a boil, stir again, and immediately pour the brine over the carrots.
- Then boil the water in the same pan and pour in as much as you need to fill the jar.
- Cap the jar and shake gently. Place it in the refrigerator and let it sit for three days to let the flavor develop, shaking occasionally.
- The carrots will remain good for about three months.
Recipe & Image Credits: Food52