Today, we’ve got an awesome Pico De Gallo recipe. It takes just 50 minutes to make (30 minutes in the fridge), serves up to 4 and is only 21 calories. This sauce goes great with chips, on tacos, or just by itself. Avoid jalapenos if you’re not into spicy food. This is an amazing way to get your kids to consume their veggies.
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato, onion, jalapeno pepper (to taste,) cilantro and green onion. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir until evenly distributed. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Recipe & Image: