We found a pretty interesting dish called, “Pork Dumplings.” Pork Dumplings are a favorite past time for Chinese culture. There are specialty restaurants that focus strictly on different types of dumplings. Armed with a recipe- you can now make your own pork dumplings.
- 100 (3.5 inch square) wonton wrappers
- 1 3/4 pounds ground pork
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 cups finely shredded Chinese cabbage
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, ginger, garlic, green onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, egg and cabbage. Stir until well mixed.
- Place 1 heaping teaspoon of pork filling onto each wonton skin. Moisten edges with water and fold edges over to form a triangle shape. Roll edges slightly to seal in filling. Set dumplings aside on a lightly floured surface until ready to cook.
- To Cook: Steam dumplings in a covered bamboo or metal steamer for about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe & Image: