Today we’ve got a great Asian inspired recipe called “Quick and Easy Kimchi Salad”. This recipe is a great side dish. It’s easy to make, takes only 55 minutes from prep to first bite. It serves 6 and is just under 100 calories. Avoid peppers if you’re not into the spiciness. It’s been quoted that the longer you leave it in the fridge, the better it taste. So try it out!
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup rock salt
- 1 small carrot, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine cabbage and rock salt together in a bowl. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring often. Rinse lightly and drain.
- Mix cabbage, carrot, vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, cayenne pepper, and salt together in a bowl. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
Recipe & Image: