Quinoa is considered one of the healthiest foods you can consume. It’s low in calories and is a perfect rice replacement. Today, we’ve found a pretty interesting recipe called Quinoa with Asian Flavors. The soy sauce, garlic, and ginger root really add a asian spice to this dish. It’s pretty quick to make (40m) and can be consumed pretty much at any time during the day. Try it out and let us know what you think.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced 2 green onions, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in quinoa and allow to toast for 2 to 3 minutes, then add chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until all liquid has been absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Fluff quinoa with fork and top with green onions before serving
Recipe & Images: AllRecipes