Asparagus is a great side dish to steak, but its also one of the world’s healthiest foods. It’s high in vitamin K, folate, copper, and other various vitamins. It’s a great source of fiber and other valuable nutrition we need everyday. We believe we found an awesome recipe that hits it out of the park. It’s both tasty and relatively healthy. Try it out and let us know what you think below.
- 1 bunch thin asparagus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon Colman’s mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425° F. On a rimmed baking pan, arrange asparagus in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast 10 to 12 minutes or until asparagus is tender. In small saucepan, heat cream over medium-high heat until just simmering.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until cream is reduced to 1/2 cup, or is a thickened, saucy consistency. Remove from heat; whisk in lemon juice, butter, tarragon, lemon zest, mustard powder, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Keep in a warm spot on your stove.
- Fill a high-sided skillet with water; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat so that water is just barely bubbling. Add vinegar to water. Crack each egg into a small bowl or ramekin and slide egg into water.
- Poach 3 to 4 minutes or until whites are cooked through but yolk is still soft. Remove eggs from pan and drain on paper towel.
- Divide asparagus between plates. Top with poached eggs and drizzle with sauce; garnish with additional tarragon.
Recipe & Image Source: 52Food