Today we have a pretty awesome recipe for diabetics who enjoy rice called “Roasted Cauliflower ‘Rice’.” This low-calorie dish is perfect because not only is it low in sugar, but low in carbs, and super low in calories. This recipe is quick, taking less than 50 minutes to make, serves 8, and is JUST 60 calories. This meal is perfect for lunch, dinner, or even as an afternoon snack. Enjoy!
- cooking spray
- 2 head cauliflower, cut into .5 inch pieces
- 1.5 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line 3 baking sheets with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Fill a food processor 1/4 of the way with cauliflower pieces. Pulse 8 to 12 times until cauliflower is the size of rice grains. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with remaining cauliflower pieces.
- Drizzle avocado oil over cauliflower “rice”; toss until well-distributed.
- Spread 2 1/2 cups of the rice in an even layer on each lined baking sheet.
- Roast rice until golden, about 16 minutes. Remove from oven, stir well, and spread out again. Return to oven and roast for 6 minutes. Remove from oven, stir well, and spread out again. Continue roasting until browned, about 5 minutes more.
- Season each sheet of roasted rice with 1/4 teaspoon salt and place in a large container.
Recipe & Image: