Cauliflower is one of our most requested ingredients. Today, we’ve discovered a pretty unique cauliflower recipe that we’re willing to bet most of you have never tried. It’s called, “Roasted Cauliflower Steak.” Cauliflower is very simple and has a unique crunch to it. These take only 45 minutes to make; making it the ideal side dish for dinner. Try it out!
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the cauliflower onto a cutting board with the stem side facing upwards; cut vertically into 4 steaks approximately even in thickness. Arrange ‘steaks’ onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the steaks; season with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes, turn with a spatula, and continue to roast until soft in the middle and darkening around the edges, about 15 minutes more.
Recipe & Image: