We’ve got a unique recipe for veggie lovers. It’s called, “Roasted Vegetable Medley.” The recipe is great because it incorporates both sweet and savory in one awesome dish. It takes a bit longer to make (2 hours), but serves 6 and is just 191 calories. This dish is great and is considered an amazing side dish to either steak or would go great topped on with rice. Use fewer amounts of salt if you are trying to watch your health, but besides that, watch out for anything you might be allergic to. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large yam, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup baby carrots1 zucchini, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place the yams, parsnips, and carrots onto the baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then add the zucchini and asparagus, and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Continue baking until all of the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes more. Once tender, remove from the oven, and allow to cool for 30 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Toss the roasted peppers together with the garlic, basil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Add the roasted vegetables, and toss to mix. Serve at room temperature or cold.
Recipe & Image: