This is a recipe we discovered while searching for something that would be romantic and healthy for 2 during the dinner time. This goes well with a glass of wine. Let us know below how it turned out for you!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pink peppercorns
- 1/2 cup rosé
- Juice of one lemon
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Butterfly each chicken breast, cutting it completely in half lengthwise (horizontally). Place a piece of plastic wrap over the top of the chicken breasts and pound them slightly just so they’re thickness is even. Discard the plastic wrap and season the chicken, using about 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken to brown, about four minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a platter.
- Add the butter to the pan. Once melted, add the garlic and pink peppercorns, stirring them around the pan for about a minute until the garlic is just fragrant. Add the rosé and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Let boil for about six minutes or until reduced by half, then turn off the heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and whisk to emulsify.
- Slide the chicken breasts back into the sauce using tongs coat them in the sauce. Serve on a platter with a healthy sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley and an extra spoonful of sauce.
Image & Recipe Source: Foods52