Today we’ve got a really unique recipe typically made and eaten during Christmas season. It’s called “Russian Tea Cakes I”. These Russian Tea Cakes are a super tasty and are really easy to make. From prep to first bite takes over a little over a half an hour. It serves 36 people and is just a little over 100 calories. Making this treat awesome for huge parties. Try it out!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar and flour; stir into the butter mixture until just blended. Mix in the chopped walnuts. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. When cool, roll in remaining confectioners’ sugar. I also like to roll mine in the sugar a second time.
Recipe & Image: