Today we’ve got a unique recipe typically made and eaten during Christmas season. It’s called “Russian Tea Cakes I.” These Russian Tea Cakes are super tasty and are easy to make. From prep to the first bite takes over a little over a half an hour. It serves 36 people and is just a little over 100 calories. Making this treat awesome for huge parties. Try it out!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar and flour; stir into the butter mixture until just blended. Mix in the chopped walnuts. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. When cool, roll in remaining confectioners’ sugar. I also like to roll mine in the sugar a second time.
Recipe & Image: