Tacos are generally a healthy meal to consume as long as you try to make it as healthy as possible. They typically contain a set of ingredients that are properly portioned controlled so that it is harder to consume it all. We decided to try to use a salmon filling instead of chicken or beef and found this amazing recipe that will keep your tummy and taste buds extremely satisfied.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon muscavado or light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt lime juice
- 1 1/2 pounds wild salmon fillet
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno, stem removed
- 1 large lime, juiced 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems mostly removed
- 1 handful italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 medium California avocados
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 8 corn tortillas feta cheese, for garnish thinly sliced radish for garnish
- Heat your grill to a medium heat.
- Make a spice paste by mixing the olive oil, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, coriander, salt and lime juice. Rub this into the flesh of the salmon and let it sit for at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile, make your blender sauce.
- Into a food processor or blender, add the garlic and jalapeño (I like medium spice so I leave most seeds in, if you do not, remove the seeds from the jalapeño). Pulse a few times to chop. Add the lime juice, water, olive oil, cilantro, parsley and salt and pulse a few more times. Add your avocados and blend again until just smooth. Taste for seasoning. This is for a medium thick sauce, add lime juice or water to thin.
- Oil the grates, put on your salmon. Cook until you can see on the edges it’s mostly cooked, about 5-8 minutes depending on thickness of the filet. Flip the fish and cook another 1-2 minutes on this side. Pull it while it feels slightly tender in the center, like the meaty part of your thumb. Remove to rest. After a few minutes, the fish should flake easily for tacos.
- Warm the tortillas on the grill.
- To assemble tacos, put a few ounces of flaked salmon on your tortilla. Top with some shredded cabbage, blender sauce, a sprinkle of feta and radish.
Image & Recipe Credits: Food52