This savory vegetarian recipe is very easy to make and is a true crowd pleaser! Make a great meal in a pinch when you don’t have a lot of time.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cup chopped carrot
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups drained canned unsalted chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups hot cooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- Heat olive oil in a skillet with medium heat. Add in carrots, onions, garlic and cook until buttery soft. This will be around 10-15 minutes.
- Take your onion, carrot, garlic oil mixture and add into a blender along with your chickpeas and salt/pepper. Blend until smooth and consistent.
- Cook your penne pasta, drain water, and return pasta back into pot. Place your recently blended sauce into the pot and toss thoroughly.
- Serve with parsley, basil and Parmesan cheese.