Seafood and stew can be super healthy when eaten separately, Together, we have located the perfect recipe that we believe combines the best of both worlds.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 6 peeled and seeded roma tomatoes cut into thin strips
- 1 cup homemade fish stock, purchased seafood stock or clam juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound skinned saltwater fish filets(snapper, sole, halibut, cod) cut into 2 inch chunks
- 16 large peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 16 sea scallops
- 1/2 cup finely shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a 4 to 6 quart dutch oven or sauce pot. Add the crushed garlic and saute on very low heat for about two minutes or until the garlic is fragrant but not browned.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and wine and simmer for about 10 minutes. (At this point you can cool and refrigerate this if you want to prep a day ahead – just reheat before adding the seafood)
- Add the fish and seafood and simmer for about 5 minutes until just done (Don’t over cook!). Stir in the parsley and basil and serve immediately ( with that crusty bread!!)