Shrimp is one of the healthier meats we can consume. It is both high in protein and low in calories which makes it an excellent weight cutting food. It has vitamins B6 and B12. It is often quickly prepared and easy on the taste buds. Try this awesome garlic shrimp recipe we’ve discovered and let us know what you think below!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined salt to taste 6 cloves garlic,
- finely minced 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon caper brine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- Market Pantry Salted Butter 1-lb
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley, divided 1 1/2 tablespoons cold butter
- water as needed
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over high heat until it just begins to smoke. Place shrimp in an even layer on the bottom of the pan and cook for 1 minute without stirring.
- Season shrimp with salt; cook and stir until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, caper brine, 1 1/2 teaspoon cold butter, and half the parsley.
- Cook until butter has melted, about 1 minute, then turn heat to low and stir in 1 1/2 tablespoon cold butter. Cook and stir until all butter has melted to form a thick sauce and shrimp are pink and opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl; continue to cook butter sauce, adding water 1 teaspoon at a time if too thick, about 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve shrimp topped with the pan sauce. Garnish with remaining flat-leaf parsley.
Recipe & Image Credits: AllRecipes