Today we have a great sauteed shrimp dish called, “Shrimp Verde.” It’s super quick to make– taking only 20 minutes, it serves 4 and is just 215 calories. To Make this dish a fantastic weight cutting tool avoid the cheese if you are looking to cut even more calories and are avoiding dairy. This dish goes great on rice, as an ale crate, or even on a tortilla for a mini taco. Try it out!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Saute garlic and scallions briefly, but do not brown the garlic.
- Toss in shrimp and saute until pink and opaque in the center. Stir in parsley and heat through.
- Remove from heat and pour into a serving dish. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Recipe & Image: