Today we introduce an easy and quick recipe called, “Shrimp Verde.” This dish can act as the main entree. It goes well on either rice or pasta. It can even be consumed by itself; if you are looking for just protein and no carbs. Shrimp is low in calories and high in nutrients which makes it a great protein for losing weight. Avoid the cheese if possible. Try it out!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Saute garlic and scallions briefly, but do not brown the garlic.
- Toss in shrimp and saute until pink and opaque in the center. Stir in parsley and heat through.
- Remove from heat and pour into a serving dish. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Recipe & Image: