Today we’ve got a pretty simple Turkey recipe called, “Simple Turkey Chili”. It takes a bit longer to make (1 hour), but it serves up to 8 people and is just 185 calories. In a head to head match up with chicken, we feel that turkey not only stands its ground as one of the proteins to consume, but it also includes more protein per gram than any other meats out there including chicken. It contains less fat and helps strengthen your immune system. Try it out!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned kidney beans – drained, rinsed, and mashed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion, and cook until tender.
- Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. Season chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
Recipe & Image: