Orange chicken is one of the most popular Asian dishes around. It’s not exactly the healthiest, however, we think we have found a pretty good healthy variation of it called, “Skinny Orange Chicken”. It takes only 40 minutes to make, it serves 4, and is just a little over 350 calories. This goes great with either fried noodles or rice. Try it out!
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs, or as needed
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Press chicken cubes gently into flour to coat and shake off excess flour. Dip into beaten egg and press into panko bread crumbs. Place the breaded chicken cubes in one layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk soy sauce, honey, orange juice, cornstarch, garlic powder, and ginger together in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken cubes from the oven and place in a large bowl. Pour orange sauce over chicken and turn in the sauce to coat.
Recipe & Image: