In continuation with our Snack Hacks series. We bring to you another amazing recipe called the “Skinny Chicken Tacos”. These tacos are extremely fast to make and have an added mango flavor for a zesty and sweet taste. Tacos are generally one of the most healthier things to eat especially if you portion control and use white meat (chicken) as the main ingredients. It’s low on carbs and contains enough veggies for a single meal. Try this awesome recipe out and let us know what you think.
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 limes, juiced, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper, divided
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers – stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 4 multi-grain tortillas, or more to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 mango sliced into small bits.
- Combine chicken, juice of 1 lime, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper in a bowl; allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Saute red bell peppers, onion, jalapeno peppers, juice of 1 lime, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender yet crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a separate non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; saute until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Layer tortillas between paper towels on a microwave-safe plate; heat in microwave until warmed, 10 to 20 seconds.
- Spoon vegetables, mango and chicken onto tortillas; top with cilantro and lime juice.
Recipe & Image: AllRecipes