In continuation with our Snack Hacks Series, we bring to you our 10th one. This recipe is called Flambeed Vanilla-Pached Pears w/ Apricot Sauce. We especially like this recipe because it is low in cholesterol which makes it a perfect snack to keep healthy. This one has a tad bit of sugar in it, so if you want to use less or none at all to stay a little healthier, that would be a great way to go about it. Try it out and let us know what you think.
- 1 1/2 cups water (use less if you wanna be a bit healthier)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Bosc pears – peeled, halved and cored
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup rum
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water, sugar, and vanilla extract to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Add 3 or 4 pear halves, reduce heat to medium, and simmer gently until the pears have just turned tender, about 5 minutes. Remove cooked pears to a warm chafing dish or metal serving dish, and continue to cook the remaining pears.
- Increase heat to medium-high, and boil the syrup until it has reduced to 1 cup. Stir in apricot preserves and return to a boil. Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of water and stir into the simmering syrup. Cook and stir until thickened and clear, about 30 seconds.
Recipes & Images: AllRecipes