In continuation with our Snack Hacks Series, we bring to you our 11th one. This recipe is called Baked Zucchini Chips. This recipe is awesome because its not only fun to eat but also fun to make. Zucchini is great for you because its an excellent source of manganese and vitamin C. These Zucchini Chips are also baked versus being fried. This recipe does contain some cheese, so if you want to lower the calorie intake and consume a healthier version; avoid or minimize the use of cheese. Try it out and let us know what you think below.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (avoid if you want this to be healthy)
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- In one small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Place the egg whites in a separate bowl. Dip zucchini slices into the egg whites, then coat the breadcrumb mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn over and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until browned and crispy.
Recipe & Image: AllRecipes