In continuation with our Snack Hacks. We bring to you a recipe we found called Sweet Potato and Coconut Bread. Everybody enjoys a little bit of a cheat day. And while we don’t necessarily encourage you to go all out on your cheat day, we do however, hope to provide you with a healthier version of something you are craving. We think we have found a great cake that your taste buds will appreciate. Try it out and let us know below.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter in a large bowl using an electric mixer until creamy, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat sugar into creamed butter until fully incorporated, about 3 more minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating each egg completely before add the next. Beat in sweet potato and vanilla extract until well mixed. Stir flour mixture, coconut, and walnuts into butter mixture until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
Source & Image: AllRecipes