For our last Snack Hacks for the day. We bring to you a recipe made primarily of crab. Crab is an extremely healthy meat to consume because it is low in fat and is an excellent source of protein. They are also rich in minerals such as selenium. But keep in mind that different crabs can have different nutritional facts, so be aware of this when picking and choosing. When picking crab, it can be an easy choice to select imitation crab. But keep in mind this is not nearly as healthy as real crab. Try this recipe out below and let us know what you think.
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, flaked or get a real crab and break it out.
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped 2 limes, juiced 3 serrano peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the shredded imitation crab into a glass or porcelain bowl. Plastic or metal are not recommended.
- Stir olive oil into the crabmeat until well coated, then stir in the cilantro, onion, tomato and serrano peppers.
- Squeeze the lime juice over everything, and mix well. Season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving.
Recipe & Image: AllRecipes