Today we have a pretty unique Asian recipe. It’s called “Soy Sauce Chicken.” It can be made in just under 1 hour. This Asian dish is really easy to make and the soy sauce adds a perfect kick to the rather bland chicken flavor. Try it out!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger
- 5 pounds bone-in chicken thighs with skin
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Combine sugar, soy sauce, water, garlic, and ginger in a large stockpot; stir until sugar is dissolved. Place chicken in stock pot and bring to a boil. Using tongs, turn chicken in pot every 5 minutes.
- Boil chicken until no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear, about 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Sauce mixture will turn into a rich, brown glaze. Remove pot from heat and let cool 10 minutes.
- Place chicken on a platter and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
Recipe & Image: