We’ve discovered a pretty amazing low-calorie recipe called “Spicy Crab Spring Rolls.” It’s super healthy, consuming only 100 calories and takes about 30 minutes to cook and another 30 minutes to prep. Avoid mayonnaise if you’re looking to make this dish a bit healthier!
- 3/4 cup imitation crabmeat
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce, or to taste
- 4 rice paper wrappers
- 1/3 English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 1 green onion, cut into matchsticks
- Shred crabmeat using 2 forks or in a food processor.
- Mix crabmeat, mayonnaise, and sriracha sauce together in a small bowl.
- Fill a shallow bowl with hot water to a depth of 2 inches. Dip 1 rice paper wrapper in the water for a few seconds to soften; set on a wooden cutting board or a clean, moist dish towel. Layer 1/4 of the cucumber, carrot, avocado, crabmeat mixture, and green onion in the bottom third of the rice paper.
- Pull bottom of the rice paper over the filling, using your fingers to prevent it from spilling out the sides. Fold opposing edges of the rice paper to overlap the filling; roll up tightly towards the top. Place roll seam-side down on a plate. Repeat with remaining rice papers and cucumber, carrot, avocado, crabmeat mixture, and green onion.
Recipe & Image: