This simple and healthy recipe can be made in just a little over an hour. It’s a popular, healthy, and gluten-free dish that can be enjoyed at all times of the day. It’s crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside. Your taste buds will thank you.
- Cooking spray
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-in.-thick slices
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 (5-oz.) bag fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Layer sweet potatoes in slightly overlapping concentric circles on bottom and upsides of plate, cutting slices in half to fit (rounded side up) around the sides.
- Coat potatoes with cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until potatoes are slightly tender.
- Place pan on a wire rack. Increase oven temperature to 375F.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium.
- Add oil and onion; saute 3 minutes. Add spinach; saute 3 minutes. remove from head; cool.
- Combine milk and next 5 ingredients (through egg whites) in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Arrange spinach mixture in crust; pour egg mixture over spinach. Bake at 375F for 35 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
- Let stand 5 minutes; cut into 8 wedges.