We’ve discovered a pretty awesome Spinach Quiche breakfast recipe. It’s pretty easy to cook and can be ready in just around an hour. The great thing about Quiche is that it contains roughly 12g of protein, which is a pretty substantial amount. Cut down on the cheese if you’re trying to cut calories. Try it out on a cheat day!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) package herb and garlic feta, crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion in butter until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Stir in spinach, mushrooms, feta and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the pastry shell, allowing egg mixture to thoroughly combine with spinach mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes, until set in center. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.