We’ve found a great healthy recipe for the ones who are feeling a bit under the weather. Typically, people consume chicken noodle soup or some form of it to feel a bit better. Today, we introduce a recipe called, “Steak Soup”. This extremely hearty recipe is perfect to leave in the fridge or the freezer. You can make an ample amount and save it for yourself for each day. This recipe takes about 2 and a half hours to make. It will contain about 8 servings and 360 calories. Try it out!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lean boneless beef round steak, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, diced Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- Melt butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat until the foam disappears from the butter, and stir in the steak cubes and onion. Cook and stir until the meat and onion are browned, about 10 minutes. While beef is cooking, mix together flour, paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the browned meat, and stir to coat.
- In a large soup pot, pour in the beef broth and water, and stir in the parsley, celery leaves, bay leaf, and marjoram. Stir in beef mixture, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Mix in the potatoes, carrots, celery, tomato paste, and corn; bring the soup back to a simmer, and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the soup is thick, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf and serve hot.
Recipe & Image: