Steak subs! Steak subs are one of our favorite easy and quick to make recipes. This recipe takes only 30 minutes to make and serves up to 4 people. The great thing about this recipe is that you can easily freeze it in the fridge to be consumed later. Avoid the cheese if you are looking to cut calories/weight. Try this excellent steak sub recipe out!
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons waterground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless top round steak, sliced very thin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise and toasted
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- In a medium bowl, stir together the soy sauce, water, pepper and cornstarch. Add the meat, and marinate for at least 1/2 hour or overnight.
- Preheat your oven’s broiler. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until browned. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Add beef strips to the skillet and quickly fry just until browned.
- Place meat, cheese and onions onto buns, and quickly melt under the broiler.
Recipe & Image: